Well there is never a dull moment in this season of our lives and I love it. There are so many memories begging to be recorded so I am finally making it happen.
This was Avery's first year to decorate a Valentine box for school and she was so excited. I snatched up some fun washi tape and stickers in the $ spot at Target and she went to town. There were a few different awards up for grabs and she was going for "prettiest box". The class voted and she got it. She came home thrilled.
This year, I was blessed to be in charge of Tyson's class valentine party. I used the same ideas from Avery's kindergarten valentine party and the kids had a great time. Tyson was very happy to have me and I was even happier. They stacked hearts, threw heart beanbags, picked up hearts with chopsticks, decorated a valentine card, you know, the usual. Love this boy.
We got to spend a day with two special friends and their kids. It was wonderful to have them here as always and I got extra babies to love on, like this little guy. Poor Simon had a mishap with a store cart resulting in a bone infection that led to surgery. He was a trooper and could not have looked cuter crawling around like a little peg leg pirate. It was way too cute to not photograph.
These little "melty bead" kits as Target called them were the perfect snowy day activity for the kids. They would have done this all day. Since we had an entire week off school due to snow, ice, and bitter cold, we needed all the help we could get to stay sane.
This little lady had her first experience sleeping in foam curlers. She admired herself for quite awhile after they were put in. It was hilarious. They turned out a little crazy and didn't last long but still cute.
I could not be happier that the cold snow is behind us. It is finally April and we can leave the house without coats and I don't have to worry that someone might call CPS on me. Whew. I survived another winter. I am just sure I was designed to live somewhere warm year round.
These two.
And these two.
While our friends were visiting, Natalie grabbed my camera and captured me and my baby which made me happy and so thankful.
These two are incredibly ornery, completely adorable, and sweet as can be. They are future partners in crime, I am sure of it.
Winter always calls for the building of forts. They are great fun until a chair falls on top of someone and then it loses some appeal.
Violet is the biggest Daddy's girl I have ever seen. It is precious and makes my heart so happy.
I LOVE after bath pictures.
Our brother-in-law, Dave had a birthday and I had fun with his package. Poor guy works nights so he often takes cat naps on the couch. He was my 5K buddy this year and I loved it.
And last but not least, Jason turned 35. He is amazing and birthdays are so much fun. A few short days later, I got to tag along on a work trip with my man. It was glorious.
And that is life for us lately in a nutshell.






Tell Avery her valentine box rocks! And I love her skirt!! And the two pictures of you & Jason each with Violet are so sweet! Side note: I didn't know you & Dave ran the race together! My neighbor was impressed with your running time...and she's a track coach!
ReplyDeleteI am the new one
ReplyDelete