Tuesday, April 12, 2011

the party

The party ended up at home which turned out to be a good thing.  Jason did the cleaning while I set up and got stuff ready.  He is my hero.  

Avery didn't care at all that it was inside.  Nothing was bringing her down the day of her party.  I came home with the doughnuts that were supposed to have pink sprinkles but were red instead and she said, "That's okay.  Even better, Mommy."  

I still can't believe we have a five year old.  I am in denial.  She told me that she was a little girl when she was three and four but she is a big girl now that she is five.  Sigh.


Loved Avery's idea for doughnuts.  So much fun.  And Jason and I had fun making the holders and Tyson & Avery had fun painting them!  


My Aunt Debbie asked me what the dice were for.  I just thought they were cute and I made sure the bottom ones were showing 2 & 3 dots while the top one showed 5 dots.  I am sure I am the only one that noticed that tiny detail.  I pointed it out to Avery though for a quick math lesson!  : )


I love the pink & red combo.


I had so much fun with these cupcake toppers that I got from Peace Love Cupcakes Etsy shop.  They were so versatile and too cute.


I can't resist a tiny banner.


Had to throw in the apples for good health, ya know?  Plus they are red and look cute in the pink bucket!


I love these mini chinese take-out boxes.  They are leftover from our wedding that was almost 9 years ago.  I used them at Avery's first birthday party too.



My favorite dougnut picture...


I forgot to put out the cute dotted napkins and pink plates when I was setting up.  Oops.


Love me some banners.


We had a bunch of coloring pages and some crayons at the table.  Somehow, in the midst of all the excitement and food, they got moved off the table and the kids never did color.  Oops again.  Now Avery has plenty of Hello Kitty coloring pages.


There was a tattoo station where all the kids could get "tats".  I put Tia in charge of this and the kids loved it!  In fact, even after several baths, Avery's is still on her arm.  They were some serious tattoos.


I asked Beth to make a cardboard cut-out for "Pin the Bow on Hello Kitty".  She did a terrific job and the kids got to choose their bow to pin on.  It was fun.


I put the bows, tape, and bandana for blindfolding in this cute little #5 bucket.  Oh, these details make me giddy.


Avery miraculously ended up getting the bow in just the right spot.  Hmmmm.  Jason was in charge of blindfolding and he may have given her a little edge.


And then there was the "photo op" for guests that I painted on a piece of giant cardboard that Beth got her hands on for me!  This took me awhile to create but I had so much fun with it!


Avery & the guests had a lot of fun poking their head through and being Hello Kitty for pictures!


I had too much fun planning the girl's outfits for the party.  They were so adorable.


And the little details that made me smile but most people probably didn't notice.  I turned the black die on the toy shelf in the living room to show five dots.


I also changed the Scrabble tiles on that same shelf to say the word "celebrate".  It was the perfect word for our day.  A fun day with friends and family celebrating our new five year old big girl.

3 comments:

  1. I honestly thought the dice were because they are "polka dots" and they're red. :) I did notice the big dice and celebrate though. All the details were great! You did a nice job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a fabulous party! You've given me lots of ideas for Emily and Haley's upcoming birthdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually don't think Avery could see during the game - I think she was just feeling her way along the edge of the face/ears and knew where to put it. Because I remember her intently following the edge of the ear. You just have one smart "big girl". :)

    The donuts were a fun replacement for cake, and my sister (who to this day hates cake) would have approved. She often had donuts or "make your own sundae" parties instead of cake. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will make my day a happy one, thank you!