Tuesday, June 17, 2014

my favorite day

Mother's Day is my favorite.  It is always crazy of course with four little ones that are experts at creating chaos in any situation but it never disappoints.  I almost get that "floating on air" feeling like I experience during pregnancy.  As big as my belly gets, I still feel "light" and so in love with life.  Somehow Mother's Day gives me that same feeling.  Jason always manages to make me feel incredibly special and I get to celebrate my dreams come true.  I just feel so incredibly blessed to have had the honor of carrying four babies and now the overwhelming and amazing experience of bringing them up to know the God who gave them to me in the first place.  It is not something I can fully describe.  I dreamed of being a Mommy since I was so small and now it is my reality.  My cup truly runs over...


I only have one request every Mother's Day...a picture of me and my babies together after church.  It's the one day that I am guaranteed to appear in a photo.  We always have fun with it and the kids humor me by being somewhat cooperative because they have learned how important photos are to their Mommy.  





As we were leaving, my precious sweet boy drew a heart in the gravel and said it was for me.  That boy melts my heart on a daily basis.  Not sure what I would do without him and his tender heart.  


We had Chinese for lunch because everyone loves it.  Jason had each kid give me a little "treat" and then he gave me a new sewing machine which is completely awesome!  We spent most of the afternoon outside and then met Jason's parents and sister's family for dinner that night.  I was spoiled and loved on all day long.  It was pretty much the best day ever.  I am already excited for next year...