Thursday, April 07, 2011

the people

Between my sister Beth and I, we ended up with almost 500 photos from the party.  Yikes.  I narrowed it down to about 240 and I am sure there are more that I could let go.  

In order to successfully record these memories for Avery, I am breaking it down into segments.  The first one being the people, the most important part of the party.  

It is a special thing to have lots of friends and family all in one place to celebrate your baby (I decided that five year olds or any age for that matter can still be called babies by their Momma's).  There were 14 kids and 16 adults which made our house completely full and absolutely crazy!  

I just want to share some of my favorite "people" pics from the party... 

I am thankful that Beth thought to snap a family picture of the five of us.  I still look at pictures of us as a family and can't believe what I am seeing.  Completely surreal.  


My Aunt Debbie was there.  Avery loves her (Great) Aunt Debbie and Aunt Debbie loves her Avery.


Watching a little one eat a doughnut practically bigger than her face is just too cute.


A childhood friend of mine, Nicole came with her daughter, Ella.  Such a treat for me.  It was so great to see her and it meant so much that she came to celebrate with us.  It had been too long since we had been together.


This pic of Avery and her friend Will makes me laugh.  Will is one of my favorites because he is always a gentleman.  He treats Avery so well and I love that.  His Mom and I are trying to arrange the marriage now.  What do you think???


Tyson was already making moves on Avery's friends.  I hope this is not a picture of what is to come.  Yikes.


Seriously, how adorable are these two girls?  Oh, my goodness.  I love this picture.  Ella is precious and it kills me that she doesn't live closer.


Aunt Beth was there with bells on.  She is one of Avery's (& Tyson & Mia's) biggest fans!  


My girls were just precious at the party.  I fell more in love with both of them at the party and not because of how cute they looked but because they were both so happy and sweet the entire time.


My Dad came and provided chips, apples, and drinks for the party.  He got some time with Mia and she enjoyed checking out his glasses, beard, and hat.


Our beautiful and crazy niece Tia was there.


And the whole Judd (& Heinbaugh) clan even got a picture...


Love this picture of Grandma Judd in her element with the little ones.  She is a newly retired elementary school teacher.  She just looks right at home playing with the kids.


And we attempted a photo of the kids with Avery as Hello Kitty but it was quite a lofty goal.  Not all the kids wanted to participate and it just turned out horrible.  Oh, well.  It made for a funny picture and it is all part of the memories.


And one of my favorite pics of the day is from the "after party".  After all her other friends were gone, Ella and Avery played with the new dollhouse in her room for quite awhile and they played so sweetly.  I loved it.

4 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the whole group. It's so true to what happens when you try to get a picture of about 12 kids. And Brayden showing off his Hello Kitty stomach tattoo is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post Tiffany. Loved it all...I absolutely love the picture of me & Mia (especially since I can see her teeth)! Ella & Avery were absolutely precious - when Aves told Ella she loved her curls, my heart melted. Avery is so special. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pics! tyson is going to be TROUBLE- you know that right? looks like a terrific party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What GREAT memories you captured!
    I always forget to get a family photo and I wish I could remember! Your family is precious and I love your adorable haircut! such a fun party!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will make my day a happy one, thank you!