Wednesday, April 06, 2011

celebrating

We began the birthday celebrating the weekend before when my biggest sister, Stephanie and family came to see us.  They would not be able to make it to the party so they came to celebrate early.  We love having them here and always have a great time.  

Stephanie brought some jumbo Costco muffins for us all to enjoy for breakfast.  They were a big hit...


They bought Avery some nursery furniture for her dollhouse and two "little sister" dolls.  Stephanie also made Avery a little heart cake with her name on it.  So fun.


Then Tuesday came and it was time for Avery to go on a Build-a-Bear date with Grandma & PaPa.  It was a complete surprise.  She did not even know they were coming until they got to the door.  They gave her clues once they were in the car to help her guess where they were headed.  She finally guessed at the fourth clue.  She picked a Kitty to stuff and named her "Lela 4 Leaf Clover".  She dressed her in a fancy tutu dress and sparkly high heels.  Hilarious.  She is crazy about this kitty.


We ended that day with dinner at Avery's choice, Toots.  Kids ate free that night so she chose mini corn dogs and got ice cream with sprinkles at the end.  The perfect end to a perfect day.


The next day was the big day.  She was born in the middle of the night so she woke up as a five year old on Wednesday.  She came down the stairs to pink & purple balloons.


We had waffles for breakfast and she got five candles to blow out before Jason left for work.


She got two small gifts from us that morning.  One being pink peeps and the other being pink big girl shoes.


Then after her birthday dinner of meatloaf and roasted potatoes, it was the moment Jason and I had been waiting for.  We sent Avery & Tyson to the basement and got it all set up in her bedroom.  It is perfect and I was beyond excited about being able to get her a dollhouse...


Jason blindfolded her and brought her upstairs.  She had no idea what was going on.


She immediately began to inspect every nook and cranny of the house.  It was so fun watching her.


Needless to say, she was one surprised and happy five year old girl.


Then there was the party which I shared pictures of here on Lemon Tree.  I will share a more personalized version soon.

I am finding less and less time to blog lately.  These kids are getting big way too fast and I am trying not to blink so I don't miss a thing.

2 comments:

  1. I am seriously hungry for some Costco muffins now! So far, so awesome for Avery. :) That dollhouse is sweeeeet...it even has a swing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet!! Happy birthday Avery!

    That last picture is hilarious, I bet she loved it!! I am just like you about gifts, I am always just SO excited for whomever to open their presents, it's really just as much fun for me as for them. So fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will make my day a happy one, thank you!