Wednesday, July 20, 2016

vacation






Vacation is an amazing thing and we are so thankful to be able to spend a week in a little slice of heaven each summer.  We have kind of mastered the vacation, the beauty of going to the same place each year.  We leave thinking it can't get any better and then the next year it is.  The stopping on the way there and home makes the road trip completely bearable and extra fun.  The kids travel like champs and when we get to the hotel, they are pumped and can't wait to get into that pool!

We visit Fuddpuckers each year mainly for the gator beach because the kids love it so much.


And at 3 years old, she was just not quite ready to do vacation without a nap.  She just fell asleep whenever she got a chance, sweet baby girl.


Taking walks in the evening to dinner is a family favorite.



Oh, how I love looking at these brown babies all ready for the beach.  I love walking behind everyone just to observe and take in all the sweetness of those walks to the beach.



And then there is the flip flop photo that I just have to take each year.


I get really into picking out their swimsuits for the summer.  I realize it is silly and doesn't matter at all, but I have fun with it and love coordinating them at least while they will still let me.  I was pretty excited about the mint greens and blues this year.  I could photograph them at the beach all day, it's too much fun for me.








These two love to be buried and it cracks me up.  Jason gets them all nice and snug in the sand and then they have busting out of it.


Why, oh why does she have to grow up?



There are really only teeny tiny white shells to be found on this beach but the kids continue to search because you just never know.


I even got in a photo and it makes me smile so big.  Precious memories.



Little buddy got to turn 8 at the beach.  Best birthday ever.




He chose Pompano Joe's for his birthday so that is where we went.  We walked and ate overlooking the water...it's a dinner tradition each year made even better with the celebration of our little man.


It really is no wonder people stare at these children when we are out...I know they are mine but they were created completely by God so I can safely say, he outdid himself and they sure are fun to look at.



There is even a photo of Jason and I...probably should have had the kids take it, rather than attempting a selfie but it is definitely better than nothing.  He is the best man and I am incredibly blessed to call him mine.  


My whole heart right there in the ocean.




And to them, you can't beat eating pizza in your hotel room on the way home.  It's their favorite thing.



And my favorite thing is seeing them cuddled up on a big bed together.  The cherry on top of an amazing vacation sundae.  Until next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will make my day a happy one, thank you!