In April, I had the honor of throwing my best friend a bridal shower with another one of my favorite people. Britney is her cousin and we all went to college together. The three of us love being together. Brittney and I both happen to be crazy about party planning so we could not wait to plan and throw this shower.
My talented sister, Beth embroidered a vintage hankie I found at an antique store with her wedding date and her new monogram. I picked a ceramic berry basket from her registry and placed the hankie inside.
I just used a box that came from the store but added a handmade card with a random vintage bride photo I had found at that same antique store with the hankie. I wrote my love note to her on the back and then used floral fabric washi tape to attach it to the box. I was so excited. I seriously barely slept the night before this shower due to overwhelming excitement!
I have to admit that Brittney totally nailed the shower. She did amazing things that totally made the shower. She found these letter hankies and hung them on the front door to welcome guests with Sara's new last name.
We knew there had to be cute soda of course and Brittney had a friend hook up so she got personalized Jones soda with Sara & Mark's picture for FREE. Score.
I made little tags with that favorite washi tape to hang on the bottles thanking guests for celebrating with us.
We got gift cards for the game prizes and Brittney had perfect little envelopes to put them in with the date of their wedding stamped on front and of course more floral washi tape.
Sara has a beautiful older house and a fabulous sense of style so we used several of her decorations while transforming the place a bit to go along with the shower.
Brittney made a sweet fabric garland to hang on the fireplace and a cute little Bride banner to hang on her special chair.
Brittney was in charge of flowers and they were gorgeous.
I got cookies made at Busken to go along with the theme and we loved the way they turned out.
We ordered fun cupcakes which of course were begging for washi tape flags.
These donuts gave us some trouble. Brittney ordered them and explained that she wanted light pink icing. They were glazed with hot pink/red craziness. They were wonderfully delicious but not what we had in mind for the shower so after a minor meltdown, we got over it and embraced the bright donuts.
Have you ever seen cuter paper plates in your life? Yes, they are paper and completely perfect. I found them on Pinterest, showed Brittney, and she ordered them immediately.
Brittney had some doily halves that made the perfect banner for the table.
She even handmade marshmallows. She does not mess around.
Oh, and I should also mention that Brittney made pink dipped pretzels and pink popcorn.
We played a few games and had a great time. I only had to leave twice because I was crying so much. I was kind of a wreck that day and could not keep the tears from flowing. I am quite sure her friends from Lexington think I am insane. But I just love my Sara and had been praying for a Godly man for her to marry since we graduated college. It was a surreal thing to throw a shower for her knowing that God was so faithful to our prayers and her dreams had come true.
This girl insisted on a veggie plate to offset the ridiculous amount of sweets we offered at the shower.
Sara was the cutest bride-to-be.
I will always remember that day and all the love that went into it...what a special day it was celebrating Sara!













Cutest Shower EVER!!!
ReplyDeleteAbsolute perfection. Top to bottom. Beginning to end!
ReplyDelete