Friday, April 25, 2014

nashville with my man

About once a year Jason and I get away for 1-3 nights usually for our anniversary but it had been almost 2 years so we decided Spring would be the perfect time.  We headed to Nashville again and it was amazing.  I am just sure I say that every time we get away but it is definitely true each time!  

We just love to be together.  It's kind of why we got married.  So anytime that we can be free from distractions and able to look into each other's eyes while we speak and focus on each other is a special treat.  

A road trip with my man, good music, sunshine, blue skies, and a sweet tea is perfection for me.  The road trip is all part of the fun.  In fact, the drive there went so fast we wished it would have been further away because we were having too much fun!  

I love my man.


Nashville was further along with the beautiful colors and flowers of Spring so we had pink petals greeting us by the curb at the hotel.


On the first night, we ate at our favorite...Puckett's Grocery in historic Franklin.  We walked around after dinner and experienced this guy's fun music.  He had a great voice and a style all his own.  We thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment and the weather could not have been more beautiful.


We went downtown Nashville one day and I was so excited to experience Antique Archaeology because I love the show American Pickers.


It is inside the coolest old building.  I want to live in this building.


The inside was super cool and had all kinds of eye candy.


I had to pretend sing at these microphones that were labeled as part of Mike's personal collection.  I know I look ridiculous but it was fun so I don't mind.



Honestly, the store was not as exciting as I dreamed it would be.  It was small, everything was super expensive, and it consisted mostly of shirts and other paraphernalia.  Oh, well.  We had fun anyway and I got some fun photos.


We love this burger place in Franklin called Burger Up.  Their menus and even napkins are so fun.


Even Burger Up's patio is cool with all kinds of different reclaimed wood.  And my date was hot so that was cool too.


We went to a really cool park one morning and climbed some beautiful stone steps and saw a sign for a 2.5 mile hike so we went for it.  So fun and the scenery was incredible.  After the hike, we laid a blanket on the grass and relaxed for quite awhile.  We both agreed our time at that park was the best part.


I got to take my time getting ready each day while he exercised, explored, or just chilled in the hotel with me.  We had no agenda which allowed us to experience total freedom.  As parents of four young kids, freedom is a thing of the past so we were soaking it up.


The last morning we visited a park close to our hotel and took a walk, sat and talked, played on the playground, and had a little sidewalk chalk fun with a piece someone had left behind.


We are so thankful for these times together and are so blessed that Grandma & PaPa are willing to care for the kids while we're gone.  Avery called this getaway our "long date" which made me laugh.  They always have so much fun that they barely know we're gone.  It's a win for everyone.

We come back refreshed and ready to tackle life in all it's beautiful messy glory for the most part. However, the one problem is that coming back to reality can be a bit painful the first few days.  It is so very worth it though and our new sweet memories carry us through the crazy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will make my day a happy one, thank you!