Life is full of highs and lows. We all know it. Trouble is guaranteed to come at some point or another. But goodness is guaranteed to come too. God is so unbelievably good and he wants to see us enjoy the life we've been given.
Today I am high on life. I feel like I am breathing in the purest of air at the top of a mountain so high and so beautiful that I never want to come down. My husband is amazing. We are not only in love but also like each other a whole lot. Because of that and the grace of God, our marriage gets better by the day. It doesn't even make sense to me. Our kids are awesome and really stinkin' cute. I am so incredibly blessed and definitely do not take it for granted. I thank God every single day for this life. I can't believe he chose me to live it. My heart is full of gratitude to God for working on me constantly and giving me a grateful heart. I am well aware that not everyone has it this good but I sure wish they did.
Life is not perfect. We are flawed of course. Everyone has issues and just because our little family is full of crazy love for each other does not exempt us from this fact. Our kids have been yelled at, they've been spanked for doing nothing, they have been pushed aside for stuff that doesn't matter, and plenty of other things we aren't proud of and do our best to not repeat. We are a mess...but it is a beautiful one. One that I am so incredibly happy to be a part of.
Today I just want to record this high because the lows will come and for a moment, I will forget this feeling. I will feel like the world is crashing in on me and I may never get back up. But those lows are what make this high taste so stinkin' sweet.
Today Mia has been wearing a winter hat constantly which is appropriate given the freezing temps we are experiencing. She even slept in it. She does this almost every day. She even wore it to her little class during MOPS. When Tyson was messing with her and took it off, she freaked out. The girl loves hats.
Violet slept in until 7:30 without getting up in the middle of the night. This almost NEVER happens so that was quite a treat. When I went to pick her up from MOPS today, she lit up and yelled "Mommy" over and over again as she kicked her legs in excitement. She greets me this way often and it makes me so happy.
Today was kindergarten registration. Someone asked Tyson if he was excited about kindergarten and his response was "kind of". We got in the registration line and about 30 seconds later, I couldn't find him so I began calling his name figuring he was playing hide and seek as he so often does in public without letting me know. I finally spotted him way on the other side of the gym with a basketball. Not sure what gave him the idea that he could run over and start playing a game without mentioning it to me but that is my boy.
Today Avery wore red leggings to school along with a turquoise polka dotted t-shirt with a pink sweater over it, and yellow socks with cats on them. I still cringe a bit when the outfits she chooses are that crazy but I love that she doesn't care and thinks her outfit choices are awesome. She woke up wanting to discuss her birthday plans again and asking exactly how many days until she turns 8. The answer is 31.
I am not sure what we are having for dinner tonight and the kitchen floor is close to being completely covered in crumbs. But the sun is shining bright outside and in my heart.
I am so very thankful for today.



great post! such cuties.
ReplyDeletei totally hear you. some days everything just seems so right. and others not so much. sometimes i let myself think i am a failure, but in reality nothing is perfect. there are going to be bad days right? such good thoughts.
Thank you for sharing this. I really value your posts, whether they say "God is good" or "man, I am one tired mama." And seeing pics of your cute kids is the icing on the cake!
ReplyDelete