We took a day trip to Lexington a couple weekends ago to visit my best friend, Sara. I love it there, especially in the fall. We had a great time despite what Violet's face says in this first photo. She just thought I was leaving without her, that's all.
She was happy again soon enough.
I love Sara. So do the kids. We don't see her nearly as often as we would like to but when we do, it is sweet.
Sometimes Mia lets me pick out her outfit and that is fun. I was particularly excited about this one because I made the skirt and she agreed to wear Tyson's old Toms. Fun and happy fall attire for the little lady.
We visited an old Shaker Village and it was so beautiful. The weather could not have been more perfect.
Oh, this swing was awesome. I could have swung for hours and the kids weren't happy about giving it up either. It was perfectly simple and in such an amazing setting. I was wishing this was our backyard.
My biggest girl with her adorable freckles and mismatched earrings.
Tyson has a thing for Daddy Long Legs. He likes to pull the legs off. Yes, he does. Nice, I know. Boys are weird.
Buddies.
And then there was Jason's makeshift capri jeans...because it got much warmer than we anticipated.
We packed jammies so they could sleep on the way home. Everyone fell asleep except for Avery and we made it home safe, happy, and exhausted. Can't wait to go back.




My sister-in-law is deathly afraid of spiders because, when she was a kid, her 3 older brothers used to pull the legs off of spiders and put them on her head!! Boys ARE weird.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had fun with your sweet family. We need to go there soon too. I love Lexington in the Fall!
ReplyDelete