Monday, January 16, 2012

the dentist

The little man had his very first dentist appointment on Wednesday.  We went together, just the two of us on a date to the dentist.  It was awesome.

He chose to go second, he watched for a few minutes, and then started playing with the toys.  He was very laid back about it all.  He was excited to get up in that big blue chair and he loved watching the screensaver photos on the computer screen.  


Oh, that light is a little bright.


No problem.  A pair of shades coming right up.  Mr. Cool.


The only thing he didn't like was the flossing at the end.  He still cooperated but just said, "ouch, that hurts" a few different times.


And the trophy for a job well done...a handpicked Buzz Lightyear toothbrush.


He had flouride "painted" onto his teeth at the end and the hygienist told me not to let him eat any super hard or crunchy foods before dinner.  We slipped up with a graham cracker before we remembered.  After that, he was very serious about it and kept reminding me that he could not eat anything crunchy.

Could I possibly have a "rule follower" on my hands?  Ha.  Not likely but a Momma can dream, right?

4 comments:

  1. I hate the flossing part too, Tyson. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so funny! Glad he stayed put for the flossing part, and I love those glasses! :)

    Did any part of you feel a bit embarrassed to have your camera out at the dentist? B/c I'm totally going to do the same thing. Just mentally preparing for the hygienists to think I'm crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Cool pair of shades. The flossing can be uncomfortable for some, but I think he handled it like a big man. Were there any follow-up checkups afterwards? Would love to read about it and see how he’s been taking care of his pearly whites. I can give you some tips, if you have questions regarding dental hygiene for kids.

    Thanh Arnett

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will make my day a happy one, thank you!