Wednesday, November 23, 2011

crazy thankful

We are all set for Thanksgiving as of yesterday!  We get to host this year and I am so excited!  My sister-in-law is very pregnant so we are not traveling to Indiana this year.  

I saw a turkey made with paint samples on Pinterest and I loved it!  When we picked up the paint for Tyson's room, I also picked up a ton of fall colored paint samples.  I got them out and let the kids go crazy yesterday.  They turned out so cute!


Avery made four of them.  They were all unique and super cute!


Tyson didn't want anything to do with the craft at first and then he joined in after he saw all the fun we were having.  Or most likely because he saw that glue was involved.

He wanted his to have wings and a hat.  I LOVE this turkey.  Makes me smile every single time I see it on our mantel.  How cute is he?  Seriously.


We made handprint turkeys too of course.  I just painted their fingers whatever color they requested and inked up their hand.  They did the rest.


I LOVE the way they turned out.  I had to get them in frames immediately.  Tyson told me his turkeys had arms.  Awesome.


Avery got all artsy and cute with her black outline of the eye, beak, and wattle.  She is becoming quite the artist!


I am crazy thankful for SO many things.  I basically live in a constant state of gratitude for this amazing life I get to live.  My many blessings include an amazing family, a supportive, hardworking & faithful husband, three healthy and beautiful babies, the opportunity to stay home with those babies, a warm house, plenty of food to eat, and the list could go on and on.  But above all else, I am thankful for God's grace.  Without it, I would be nothing.

Happy Thanksgiving from our home to yours!!!

1 comment:

Your comment will make my day a happy one, thank you!