Dear Tyson,
I have you in my mind stuck at 6 years old. I am not sure how long that will last but the fact that you have turned 8 years old does not even make sense.
Oh little buddy, my one and only precious boy, you still know how to make me feel like a million bucks with your sweet comments and love for your momma. You just have a way about you that melts hearts and it is so much more than those big brown eyes.
One of the many things I love about you is how you look people in the eye and ask them how they are. I watch the teachers on drop off duty at school in the morning light up as you say good morning to them. You're always telling people to have a great day and other sweet sentiments and I think it makes way more of a difference than we even realize.
You love our new neighbor friend, Austin. He is your buddy and you can't get enough of each other. I am so happy that you finally have a boy your age around to play with. You like to trade Pokemon cards with friends, you love riding the bus home even though I really wish you didn't have to, you love playing basketball, riding your bike, and making up beats on play drums in the basement.
You are such a bright little guy. I made you read a lot over the summer before you could have any screen time and it worked out for both of us because you started off second grade reading well above grade average. You freak us out sometimes with your ability to comprehend anything that you read or is read to you. You don't miss a beat. It's awesome. Your reading level continues to go up and you excel in math as well. Spelling is the only thing that troubles you at school. I study with you like crazy each week but it just does not stick. You get so frustrated and I know it will pass but I feel bad and wish I could snap my fingers and have it all make sense to you. You are learning that some things don't come easy and you have to work hard to make them happen.
In this season of your young life, you don't like to be alone. You constantly want someone to play with you and just be by you. It's sweet and exhausting. We are constantly reminding you how much fun playing by yourself can be but you just don't buy it.
You are a confident, full of energy and life kind of guy. You love your family with all your heart and seem to have finally accepted the role God gave you as an only brother with 3 sisters. We did try to give you a brother but we got our Violet instead. Watching the two of you together lets me know with certainty that you wouldn't give her up for all the brothers in the world. Good thing God's plans are always so much better than our own.
You are a precious soul Tyson Carter and we are extremely proud to be your parents.
And you know that I love you to the moon and back a billion gazillion times infinity.
Happy 8th Birthday, my boy.
Mommy
xoxo


No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comment will make my day a happy one, thank you!