Wednesday, November 26, 2014

feeling thankful...

I am thankful that I was raised in a home knowing Jesus and that Jason was a state away being raising the same.  I am thankful for our Moms and Jason's Dad who are responsible for delivering the message of Jesus to us and modeling what it means to think outside of our own desires and put others first.

I am thankful that my marriage is the best thing in my life.  I am thankful that Jason and I just work.  We can't get enough of each other and we make an amazing team.  I am thankful that our babies will never know what it's like to be a child of divorce.

I am thankful that Jason, our kids, and I all have five working senses.  I am thankful that we can run, jump, and play to our hearts content.  I am thankful that allergies are our biggest health concerns right now.

I am thankful that God actually gave us 3 daughters after I spent most of my childhood proclaiming my dream of having 3 girls just like my Momma.  I am thankful that He knows me better than I know myself and gave me a son as a bonus.  He knew I needed Tyson.

I am thankful for a hard working husband which affords me the luxury of being a stay at home Momma to our four precious babies.

I am thankful for a hard working Momma who raised my sisters and I by herself.  I can't imagine how tough it was for her and we did not make it easy but she did her very best and never gave up on us.

I am thankful for old friends.  The ones that you don't see or talk to for months or even years and then pick right back up where you left off.  It's a wonderful thing and I am blessed to have several that fit this description.  They know me well and still love me.

I am thankful for new friends that pull me out of my comfort zone and help me grow as a Christ follower, wife, mother, and woman.

I am thankful for a church that delivers God's word in a relevant and real way that causes me to think deeper.  I am thankful that God has given me a strong desire to honor Him through my words and actions and His grace for when I fail.

I am thankful for public schools with awesome teachers where our kids have an opportunity to be a light.  I am thankful that God continues to bless them at school and reminds me often why He wants them there.

I am thankful that I have a camera to record precious memories and sweet faces that are growing and changing constantly.  I am thankful for photos to remind me of how unbelievably beautiful my life is.

I am thankful that our kids have grandparents that love and adore them and want to spend time with them.

I am thankful for little glimpses of our kids actually internalizing the never ending unconditional love of a Heavenly Father.

I am thankful that my Grandma is still with us and that even though she forgets who I am at times, she still finds a way to make me feel special.  I am thankful that God has used her throughout my life to bring me encouragement and love when I need it the most.

I am thankful for my big sisters who would do anything for me and who I can talk to about anything and everything.

I am thankful for our nieces and nephew who mean so much to us and make us proud to be their aunt and uncle.

I am thankful for my sister-in-law who will listen to me go on and on about how crazy I am and all my mothering fails.  I love that she listens so well and also shares her own parenting struggles.  I am thankful that we can be real with each other and there is no judgement.  I am thankful that I always feel better after our conversations.

I am thankful that I can't relate to women talking about mother-in-laws that they don't get along with. I am thankful that I can genuinely say mine is one of my best friends.

I am thankful for friends and family that love on our babies, for those that also point them to Jesus.  It truly takes a village.  

I am thankful for a cozy home and a nice warm bed to sleep in at night.

And these are just all off the top of my head.  I could go on and on.  I am incredibly grateful for this life I don't deserve.


I can't wait to celebrate life with my family tomorrow.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will make my day a happy one, thank you!