Tuesday, August 19, 2014

mia turns 4

Mia's birthday was on a Saturday this year which meant the party could be on that day and she could open all presents in the morning instead of waiting until Daddy got home from work.  Woohoo.  


She was so excited and cute!  She was so expressive as she opened her presents.  She made lots of noise between the oooo's and squeals.  She exclaimed, "It's so beautiful" about her new jewelry.  It was seriously awesome.


She got a birthday dress, bracelet and necklace set, and a new Barbie from us.  She likes to hug her presents just like Tyson does.


She waited so patiently and excitedly for big sister to open up her Barbie.


And we had a photo shoot later that week in her new dress.  The girl's get a birthday dress every year and I just could not find the perfect one for her this time around.  I searched everywhere and finally ended up at Once Upon a Child with a dress I got for $2.25 because it was only $4.50 to begin with and they gave it to me 1/2 off due to a teeny tiny stain.  Score.  She loves it.


it was the perfect dress for our little twirly girl.


Jason and I got to take her on a birthday date the following weekend.  She wanted pizza and ice cream.  She had been asking us to take her to the local ice cream place so we ate pizza at Donato's first, went to the park to swing for a bit, 


and then headed to Whipty-Do where Jason and I watched her eat a rainbow sprinkled vanilla cone.  She was practically falling asleep as she ate her ice cream but still asked to go to the park again.  She  is always entertaining so Jason and I love to watch and listen to her as she tells crazy stories and asks a million questions.  She also happens to be the world's slowest eater so Jason and I end up eating half her ice cream, you know just to help out so it doesn't get all over her clothes.

Happy fourth birthday to our sweet little Mimi.