On Mia's birthday, July 26th we had a little birthday party for both of our July babies. I promised not to go crazy and to keep it simple. So I did just that with a little beach theme and a few fun details that only I care about.
Seriously, these rainbow napkins made me smile in the aisle at Target. They are simply perfect and I bought them before I even knew if we were definitely going to have a party.
My Momma contributed her lovely fruit kabobs.
There are some adorable little photos of Nutter Butter cookies made to look like flip flops with a little icing on Pinterest. So stinkin' cute! I really wanted to use that idea so the rainbow napkins and flip flop cookies made my mind up to make it a beach party. The funny thing is that I never got around to the icing part so they were just plain old Nutter Butters. Oh, well. I guess my priorities were a little out of whack that day!
It was very simple with my man at the grill making hot dogs as the main course for lunch.
It was mostly our families except for our good friends, the Ross'. Tyson had requested their son be there and Mia had requested their daughter so it worked out great.
We just put the little pool and slide out and let the kids do their thing. It seemed to work out pretty well.
Rice Krispie treats for dessert with candles to blow out for the birthday boy and girl.
Avery got a little crazy with the temporary tattoos that day. The one on our face would not come off for about a week!
They took turns opening presents and it was fun to watch their expressions. Mia was into the squealing with delight over each gift that day! It was pretty awesome.
Tyson got more Legos, of course and he was thrilled!
Mia got plenty of super girly stuff and was loving life.
Tyson got a drum set that Aunt Beth brought for him which everyone was excited about.
Mia made the cutest Tinkerbell with her new heels and wings.
It was most definitely a happy day for the birthday girl and for the rest of us!



