Monday, July 07, 2014

summertime in the backyard

We have a small backyard but it packs a big punch.  It is cozy and a whole lot of fun memories have been made in our backyard.  

When Jason put the swing set up last year, I didn't want to put up the brand plaque that came with it.    Instead I flipped it over to the plain back and put some vinyl letter stickers on to personalize it and smile each time I read those three precious words.  




Our slip and slide is a new addition this year and the first time was the best.  


We had the next door neighbor girls join us and everyone had fun.  


The girls mostly liked to run through it rather than slide but they loved it.  Since then, Tyson seems to be the only one that asks for the slip and slide but he sure is fun to watch.


And one of my very favorite things about summer is chubby baby bodies being exposed.  Seriously, I miss these legs in the winter.  And then to top it off with mini jelly shoes.  It's almost too much cuteness for me to handle.


Tyson and Jason play as much ball as they can fit in.  Tyson's favorite is to play catch with any kind of ball and count how many times in a row he catches without any drops.  He is always trying to set a new record.  I think the current record is 55.  


I love seeing Avery read.  Right now, she will only read by herself with (a whole lot of) prompting but she will still listen to Jason or I read all day long.  


In the backyard, Mia typically wears one of 3 things, leotard, bathing suit, or underwear.  She is our little free spirit.



The girl's stuffed animal's frequently join them in the backyard.  Mia's little panda appropriately named Black and White is her very favorite.


Avery spends a lot of time in this little "clubhouse" part of the swing set.  She is usually writing one of her stories but this time I caught her reading.


This is "the bridge" that goes over the little valley in our backyard.  The kids think it's cool.


Oh, goodness, this boy of mine is something special.  I love that baby belly of his that is sticking around.  I am enjoying it while I can because he is growing up at warp speed right now and I know it will be gone before I know it.


Violet loves to swing as they all do but she wants to be a big kid so badly that she prefers these swings over her pink baby one.  It makes me sad but it's funny to watch her fly.



Then Violet decided to join Avery and read right along with her.


But only until she caught me taking pictures of her.



Oh, summer, how I wish you would not go by so quickly!