Tuesday, April 29, 2014

the harvest



"Let us not become weary in doing good, 
for at the proper time we will reap a 
harvest if we do not give up."

Galatians 6:9

That verse has been hanging on our headboard above my pillow for over a year now because I need the constant reminder.  I struggle with being overwhelmed about caring for and nurturing four babies.  The reason I get overwhelmed is because my goals of perfection are unrealistic and I am too hard on myself.

Weariness takes over so easily and I get sucked into feeling inadequate and want to just give up.  But I can taste that harvest and I want it so desperately.  I want to see these babies grow up to love Jesus and hope they understand they are nothing without Him.  He is everything.  

You know we all have those times when the "crazy" in us comes out in full force.  Like the times when my kids act like fools in the grocery and I am so frazzled by the time we make it back to the van that I (not so gently) snatch them up by their arm and (forcefully) place them in the van all while gritting my teeth and giving them the stink eye.  Yeah, those are times I am not proud of and try to forget.  Why is someone always looking when I mess up?  Doesn't it feel like those crazy times are when you spot an old lady staring you down?   


Why doesn't anyone see us Moms on our glory days?  

You know those days when it feels as if you are floating on air and "doing good" happens so naturally?  Those precious moments when you connect with your babies in a powerful way or use a teachable moment ever so gracefully.  Those are the times when nobody is watching.  I always wish someone was there to share in my joy but it's just me and my babies.  

If only I could keep in mind that someone so much bigger is watching me and knows every single bit of "good" I do each day and has never missed a moment of me in all my glory as a Momma.  He created me to be their Momma and God never makes mistakes.  I was literally made for this.  How cool is that?


So as I try to rock out this parenting thing on a more regular basis, I am reminding myself that the Holy Spirit is right here with me to help and God has not missed a single one of my glory days.  He knows me inside out and gives me plenty of opportunities to strengthen my weaknesses.  I will not give up.  I will keep on praying, trusting, hoping, and believing that God has big plans for the heart of each one of our children.  If I would just use His help that is so readily available more often, my harvest will come in abundance at His perfect timing and my "crazy" days will be fewer and farther between.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will make my day a happy one, thank you!