I pinned this on Pinterest about one year ago and I think about it often. I am far from perfect and have trouble giving myself grace as I have mentioned before. I am so hard on myself which does not do anyone in this family good.
But one thing I have never failed to do is teach my babies about Jesus. I may not always be the best model for them but I always remind them who is the best model for all of us.
So in my efforts to stay positive and focus on the good things I do as a Mama...I thought I would write about the glimpses I saw just last week from our oldest baby that remind me Jason and I are not alone in our efforts. There is someone so much bigger than us that wants us to succeed and has our very best interests at heart.
The glimpses...
Avery came home from school last week with a lanyard and little penguin hanging around her neck. It was from the magazine fundraiser at school. Her friend across the street had not received one yet and was a little bummed out. As soon as Avery walked in the door, she asked for scissors, paper, & crayons to make her friend a "wrist penguin".
She made her friend a little paper bracelet with a penguin that looked just like hers.
I can't tell you how happy this made my Momma heart. She just wanted to make her friend happy even before she had a snack. We are constantly talking about being a blessing to others with Avery and she put it into practice. Her friend smiled and yelled out a big "thank you" when Avery handed it to her.
She has done this kind of thing before but for some reason, this one struck me as extra sweet.
For homework last week, Avery was to write a sentence for five sight words. She did these all on her own and #4 & #5 made me so excited. I love the way God is such a part of her life that she doesn't even think twice to make Him a part of her homework.
The third glimpse I received last week was not something that could be photographed but I did write it down immediately because it was a good lesson for me. It was a beautiful morning and warmer than usual as we dropped Avery off at school. We were actually early for a change so she asked us to walk her in rather than drop her off. I said yes of course but then mentioned the silly fact that I wasn't even wearing make-up. Avery's response to my comment was exactly what I needed to hear. She said without hesitation, "That's okay. It's not make-up that makes you beautiful. Loving God makes you beautiful."
We believe wholeheartedly around here that what you let in your heart, mind, & soul is what will come out. These glimpses were sweet reminders from our Heavenly Father that we are (slowly, but surely) headed in the right direction.

I just cried and cried over this post because it is so heartwarming. I need to be more Avery and less myself. What a huge blessing she is! And that little penguin was perfect that she made. :)
ReplyDelete