Mia had quite a birthday this year! It started off with Avery, Violet, and the neighbor girls celebrating her big time. They dressed up fancy, decorated a wagon to be her "carriage", and took her on a ride to one of their houses where there was a dance party planned along with gifts. It was the sweetest and I know it made Mia feel incredibly special.
She requested "Mommy's pizza" for dinner, which is hilarious and awesome because it is store bought crust that even comes with the sauce. It's super easy and she loves it.
The little lady chose cupcakes for dessert and of course, we had to have 7 pink candles to top it off.
She blew them out like a champ.
And then proceeded to lick the icing off every single one.
Avery made your birthday gifts this year and they were awesome. She made you a mini "S" pillow for Samantha just like the "M" pillow you have and love. She also made you a sweet little pincushion with an old spool and fabric leftover from your new dress. They were such sweet thoughtful gifts and you were so happy about them.
She got rollerblades for her birthday. She hadn't asked for them, it was a surprise gift that I just had a feeling she would love. She was so excited and has been practicing like crazy since.
She was super shaky at first and wouldn't let go of one of us and then after just a couple days, she was gliding around like it was nothing. Love her determination.
The one thing she had asked for was Samantha, the American Girl doll. She told all of our families that all she wanted was money and gift cards so she could get her doll. She got really close and then we took care of the rest. So a few days after her birthday, Aunt Beth treated us to the in-store bistro birthday experience which is quite a treat! They give her a seat for her doll, she gets a special cake with candles, gets sung to, the whole nine yards. It's pretty special. We had done it with Avery a few years ago and now it was Mia's turn.
She did not waver one bit on her doll choice like I thought she might once we were in the store. She was determined to get Samantha and couldn't wait to bring her home.
I was super excited about Mia's unicorn dress this year which I finished up the morning of her actual birthday. Whew. I was so happy to sew a mini version for Samantha so they could match and we brought it wish us so she could change her before lunch.
It really was an amazing day with our Mimi. She was so sweet and quiet most of the day, just soaking it all in. I was so thankful to have that opportunity and time with her.
With so many people going out of their way to celebrate our girl, I couldn't help but feel incredibly blessed for all the love we have surrounding us.
I know our Mia Grace felt so loved and celebrated, which is really what birthdays are all about.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comment will make my day a happy one, thank you!