Thursday, January 19, 2012

hearts all around

If we were posting new stuff on Lemon Tree, then this would be my next post!  : )  Avery and I had a great time last week decorating for Valentine's Day.  It is our second favorite holiday (after Christmas, of course).

I wanted to make a new plain and simple Valentine's Day banner so I grabbed my red scraps, cut triangles, and hot glued them to twine.  Love those no-sew banners.  Gives it a nice rustic look. 


I had seen stuffed hearts on Pinterest that I fell in love with.  So I used the same red scraps from the banner to make some of my own.  I cut a ton out with lofty ambitions and ended up only sewing seven.  Ha.  I put one in each jar.


and another one in the wreath.


I found this website via Pinterest where you could download and print vintage Valentine images.  I loved this one and used it to fill the blue frame on the mantel.


Simple and fun.  Avery and I were happy.


I added the Feb. 14 and the word "love" to some more frames in the living room.


I made a Valentine's Day countdown frame just like the Birthday and Christmas ones.





And of course a Scrabble tile holder to reflect the current holiday.


I also had Avery draw and color a Valentine picture for another frame on the wall.


We got out the ol' Valentine pillows I made awhile back for the bench in the kitchen.



And I found something to do with the last three sewn hearts.  My Mom let me borrow this awesome vase thing and I have conveniently not returned it.  She knew better when she gave it to me.  : )  I left a tiny hole at the bottom of these hearts, stuck a wooden skewer through them, and placed them in the vase.  One for each of my babies.


Aren't hearts happy looking?  They are like banners for me right now, they just make me smile.


LOVE this holiday.  And this year instead of having our own Valentine's party, I signed up to be in charge of Avery's classroom party!  Can't wait!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of all of your decorating! I wish I had the time to do this :) I might have to make this a priority for next year. It just looks so fun and friendly! Gotta love Pinterest! I saw these hearts and fell in love with them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your decorating is beautiful as usual. I just wish I had the room to decorate like this! And it reminds me of how awesome it is when kids are little and they love everything around them. I miss that a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. um gorgeous. please come decorate my house next. i love everything you did. EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm glad you liked my ballerina tee. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheesh, I love all of this!! Isn't it funny how you can't turn the "this is for LTC" thing off! I've still been doing a project a week, just not (obviously) posting them.

    Love all of these Valentine things! You are so great at making each new season special in your home. I saw those stuffed hearts on Pinterest too and I'm obsessed also! Let's just say that my kids Valentine outfits have already been made (for a week) and already worn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY- I love everything about this. I share your Valentine's love, and those heart are to die for.
    Also, I love your no sew banner. I need to get on the ball and decorate like you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will make my day a happy one, thank you!