Monday, July 15, 2019

dear tyson


Dear Tyson,

You turned 11 and are still the sweetest boy I know. You are such a gift to me, to our whole family. 

You're the kind of kid that still calls me Mommy. You're the kind that tells it like it is. The honestly can be brutal but it's refreshing. You can't handle fake. You know what you want and aren't afraid to voice it. You are ALL boy and completely fearless. 

You care so deeply for others. You cry when I cry. You're obsessed with your Daddy and claim him to be your favorite but are still such a Mama's boy. Just as it should be. You still like to cuddle and I hope you always do. You tell me I am beautiful constantly and I love it.


You ask people how they're doing or how their day is going and seem to actually want to know the answer.  You prefer adult conversations and are constantly curious. You're a deep thinker and love to ask questions that we can't answer. 

You don't care if your clothes match which makes me crazy but also I love it because it's you. You love basketball and baseball. You are gifted in math and reading but hate to write and can't spell, just like your Daddy. 

You're always on the move but will then sit and read a good book for an hour or longer. You remember everything you have read and everything we've said. 

You love Jesus and your family so much. Everyone that meets you thinks you're awesome. You make an impact already and I can't wait to see how God uses you in this next year and the ones following.

We celebrated at Adrenaline trampoline park this year. You also got to have a sleepover with five friends from church. You had a blast but were so extremely tired afterward that we may never let you have another one again. You requested peanut butter fudge made by Mama for your special dessert. I love celebrating you my sweet boy.


I'm so incredibly grateful to be your Mommy. God knew I needed you. 

Happy 11th Birthday our favorite son.

Mommy

XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will make my day a happy one, thank you!