Violet had been asking if she could take a dance class for quite awhile and we kept telling her she could when Mia went to school all day. Well the time finally came and Violet's excitement was through the roof. It was contagious and beautiful the way her face lit up when we talked about it and the way she asked me how many more days over and over. Leading up to the big day, we went to Target and bought a new pretty black leotard and sweet sheer pink skirt to go over it. She wore it all day long the first several days after we brought it home.
My Mom was visiting us on the day Violet had been waiting for which made it even sweeter. She woke up excited and was ready way before time to leave. She was bouncing off the walls in excitement and it was so fun to watch her glowing with anticipation. We left early that day and arrived in plenty of time to get her ready. We found out they would be doing tap first and we were able to buy the appropriate tap shoes right there on the spot which was great.
Her teacher is Ms. Judy and she is older with oodles of patience and wisdom to carry on gracefully with 11 4-5 year olds. Violet loved her from day one. Watching her in dance class that day was something I will never forget. Her smile was lighting up the room and it was breathtaking. I teared up a few times and was beyond proud at her courageous and joyful spirit in class that day. She did everything as she was supposed to and hung on to Ms. Judy's every word while also observing her peers intently to make sure she was doing the right thing.
She ran out of that room with the biggest smile on her face so eager to show Grandma and I the stamps she received on both hands. It was precious. I was so proud of her and so emotional that we were even at this point with her. As we left and I got her buckled in her carseat, I broke down and the tears came. I had just experienced one of the last firsts with our baby girl. It was amazing but so bittersweet. I desperately wished I could rewind just a few days and experience all of her emotions leading up to that day all over again.
She still loves Ms. Judy and her dance class but that initial excitement has of course worn off. She has made a few new friends from her class and tells me everything she learned about them in class as we drive home. I am incredibly proud of her and the way she tackles new things with eagerness and joy, the way she makes new friends so easily and the way she listens and respects her teachers. And my heart nearly bursts when she remembers to thank her teacher on the way out of class without a reminder from me.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comment will make my day a happy one, thank you!