She had another birthday without my permission and I don't even know what happened to the last 11 years. The sleeping photos always help me put it into perspective. She is still a baby. My baby. And she still sleeps with a giant Orca named Pepsi. 11 is no big deal. That is what I am telling myself.
She requested that we take her to Build a Bear on her Mommy/Daddy birthday date so she could get this horse that is a sister to a horse she already owns. Stuffed animals in her world is serious business. We are enjoying it while it lasts.
We traveled to Columbus for her date so we could work in some time with Grandma, Aunt Debbie, and Great Grandma. Always a sweet time with them because even though Great Grandma doesn't remember who we are, she is full of joy and cries and laughs in our company. It clearly blesses her. She doesn't remember exactly who we are but she knows that we are special to her and that she loves us a whole lot.
It was no surprise that she chose meatloaf and roasted potatoes for her birthday dinner. I am not sure how many years in a row it is now but quite a few. She sticks with it as her very favorite meal.
She chose make your own sundaes for her special birthday dessert. She loaded hers with all kinds of goodies and we threw two candles right in the ice cream.
About a week later, she got to have four friends over for a little party. It was loosely animal themed and she helped figure most of it out. She is totally into party planning and we had fun coming up with some ideas together.
While she was at school the day of her birthday, I made some updates to her room including a new bookshelf, desk, and comforter as well as some other things on her wall. She was totally surprised. I kept her likes in mind as I made the changes and she loved them.
After school, Violet and I took her and a best friend to get ice cream at UDF. It was a beautiful day and we had so much fun.
This girl. She is something special and definitely worth all the celebrating!








No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comment will make my day a happy one, thank you!