Dear Violet,
I can't get enough of you. I never will. I love the little girl you are becoming. I am trying so hard to soak all of you up.
You are four years old now and full of life. You can be so easy going one minute and the next minute, we aren't sure what is going on. You love to be cuddled but you love your independence, you want to pick out your own clothes one day and the next you tell me to, giraffes are your favorite animal one day and turtles the next, you color me a picture and within the hour, you have given it away to 3 others, you say you're hungry and want breakfast and then take one bite of cereal and go play.
I am pretty sure that Daddy and your bubba are your very favorite people in all the world. But you're pretty crazy about me and your sisters too. If you kiss, hug, or cuddle Daddy, you make sure to give me an equal amount of lovin' and vice versa. You love to cuddle during books and movies. Being the baby, you always get the prime lap spot and you love it. You play up your "baby" role as much as possible and we all just let you. I don't think any of us are ready for you to grow up.
But ready or not, you are turning into a big girl and there is nothing we can do to stop it. We do preschool and you seem to already know so many things that I try to teach you and I didn't even realize. I guess you are taking in everything around you and only let it out in your own good timing.
You already have ideas about your future babies. You talk about saving outfits and toys for them and at four years old, you already have a certain order planned for those who get to hold your baby in the hospital. You are so my kid.
You eat up any attention and you get plenty of it. You love putting on shows for us by yourself and with Mia. Sometimes you let Mia run the show and other times, you totally run things. You love to dance around pretending to be a ballerina and make up your own songs. Your Bible story re-tellings are my favorite, so dramatic, descriptive, and awesome.
You love going to the dentist and asked me to make you another appointment right after your last one was over. You still suck your thumb a lot so orthodontics are definitely in your future.
You haven't been taking naps for awhile, but you will fall asleep in the car often on the way home from taking Mia to school. Those country roads just lure you right to sleep. There have been two times that I carried you in, forgot about my to-do list, and laid down on the couch with you where we would drift off together. Those moments were so special to me and I was very aware that our days are numbered for that kind of sweetness.
You are such a lovable little thing. Sometimes, I just want to hug you and never, ever let go.
You sure have ended this Judd baby show with a bang. So thankful for you. Forever my baby girl.
I love you like crazy Violet Marie.
Happy 4th Birthday.
Momma
xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comment will make my day a happy one, thank you!