Oh, my dear baby Violet, you are so loved. I hope you feel it. I hope you know it. You are a little rascal and we are all crazy about you. You fill our home with so much joy and we can't get enough of you.
You take advantage of your baby status big time. You have figured out how to work us all and we know it. You love it when Mommy & Daddy call you "baby" and we still do often. We might never stop. When you are in full baby mode, you want the littlest of everything because "I'm little" is what you say. Your sisters love that when cookies or some treat is involved and you happily give away the largest piece because you must have the little one.
However, you have moments when you declare to anyone listening that you are a big girl. You want the big girl cups and utensils at meals, you want to do everything yourself with absolutely no help from anyone. So basically I feel like you live your life right now how so many people feel in their hearts and minds. Like sometimes we wish we could lay on the ground and throw a fit wanting people to do everything they can to make us happy. And other times we want to be independent and accept no help at all no matter how hard things may be. You are three so you are free to act like a baby one minute and a big girl the next. You do not take that freedom for granted. Live it up while you can.
You are a smart little thing and are always surprising us with things you know. We see how you observe and take in everything around you and it's precious. You will sit on the sidelines at times watching your siblings have fun with a big smile on your face. You just want people to be happy and when you've had enough sleep, you will do what you can to get them there.
You love to pretend to be a "proper princess" and that involves a lot of curtsies and pretty dresses and good manners and pursing of the lips. It's basically awesome. You and Mia are best buddies. You love to dress up together almost every day and the two of you will come up with some elaborate "game" which is a story that you play out around the house as you both declare out loud what is going to happen next. It sounds something like this when you two are busy, "And then I get the baby out of bed and bring her to you and you say oh hello baby and then I say will you please hold her and then you change her diaper while I make tea." I love watching the two of you together and hearing the play by play of the "game" is my favorite.
You love to put on shows when given the chance and you want to make sure everyone is paying complete attention to you so they don't miss a thing you have to say or do. You make up beautiful songs and can point your toe like a serious ballerina.
You have been picking out your own clothes for a long time now much to my dismay. I appreciate your independence at times but would sure love to not have clothing battles this young!
You are still very serious about your thumb sucking. And we aren't sure when we will need to take drastic measures to stop the habit but we are in no hurry. The doctor or dentist might be but they'll get over it. We love your big cheesy smiles that you so often give us for pictures. You crinkle up your nose just so and almost close your eyes completely as you flash us a toothy grin. Makes me smile every time.
When you do something you aren't supposed to do, you will say to me, "Please don't be mad. I want you to be happy Mommy." Such a stinker you are.
We loved the way you decided to show us the number 3 with your fingers. You use your thumb and even though it is arguably the easiest way to flash a 3, you still have to think and work on it for a second before it's complete.
Tyson (Bubba to you) is a very favorite of yours. He can cheer you up and knows how to make you laugh. The two of you have little silly games you play in bed while you wait for us to say goodnight to your big sisters. You and Bubba get to giggling so loud and hard that we can't help but laugh too. You love to give him hugs and kisses before I put you in your crib at night.
Which brings me to my next thought...yes you are still in a crib and we will continue to keep you in there until you just don't fit anymore. I can't bear to take that crib apart and down. My heart just cannot handle that. And thankfully you love your "special bed" and have no desire to move out of it. You are such a wonderful sleeper and still take good long naps. Not sure how much longer that will last but it's sweet putting you down each day after a book and a song.
A few things about you right now as a new three year old is that you love cheese of any kind really and you still never drink milk. I don't like it either so I completely understand. The only milk you ever liked was Mommy's. You have a serious sweet tooth and when Grandma visited and made gingerbread cookies with us, you hoarded candy and covered cookies with it and stuffed a ton in your mouth each time you got a chance. I am not sure how much candy you ended up eating but it was possibly more than we have given you in your lifetime. I was a little scared you would get sick but you didn't.
You love to be read to, especially Olivia and Fancy Nancy books. Sesame Street is still a favorite show of yours and now Daniel Tiger is another favorite. You love anything that has to do with babies so when we read bible stories, you want me to read about baby Moses or baby Jesus. You exclaim "he's so cute" in the sweetest voice every time a picture of Xavier is brought up on my phone. You can spot a baby a mile away in a public place and it gets you so excited. You are truly your Mommy's girl. My baby girl.
I am apologizing in advance for all the crying I am going to do as you grow up. I really am excited to find out what God has in store for your life...but my heart hurts at the thought of you turning into a big kid. I just don't know how to deal with it. I'm sorry for that but please understand it is only because I love being your Mommy so much and I never want all of this to end.
Happy 3rd Birthday baby Violet.
I love you a ridiculous amount.
Mommy










No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comment will make my day a happy one, thank you!