It seems like much more than a few weeks ago that we were on vacation. It feels like it was a dream. We had the BEST time. I just don't think you can go wrong when you are by the beach with just your little family and nobody has to go to work!
This year we decided it would be best to stop halfway each time because last year we drove through the night and poor Jason was exhausted the first few days of our trip. We wanted to extend the vacation as much as possible anyway so we were thankful to be able to have those fun hotel stops along the way.
We started the trip on the morning of July 4th all decked out in our red, white, and blue. I always love to take a picture of the loaded van because Jason is a master packer. It is truly impressive.
I guess Violet was anxious to leave because she didn't want anything to do with pictures.
We packed our lunch that day and stopped at a neat park. It was a gorgeous day and everyone was ready to eat, stretch, and play.
We ate lunch,
posed for pictures,
threw walnuts,
observed the throwing of walnuts,
and played with sticks.
I did not get pictures from the playground part of the park but it was very cool with a mix of old and new equipment and all fenced in! We had a blast. And when we were about 6 hours from home, we made it to the hotel and everyone was thrilled. The kids had been champion travelers and we were so proud of them. We got to swim at the hotel and walk to dinner. Jason and I enjoyed the sweetness of everyone sleeping in one room together. There is just something so peaceful and precious about having your babies sleeping sound all around you. They did so well that Jason and I got to stay up and read, play on the laptop, and talk for awhile before going to sleep ourselves.
We even got a family photo taken by one of the hotel workers. I was so excited because this is so rare for us. I LOVE family pictures and have made a vow to make them happen more often no matter who I have to ask. It is so surreal for me to look at us all together and realize that is my family. Wow. I am one blessed girl.





