Tuesday, March 26, 2013

jason turned 33

Jason turned 33 on March 9th and we had a low key celebration with our little family at home the night before.  

A birthday is not complete without balloons so Tyson helped me blow up some red ones to hang around the house.  We used one as a gift tag on his present.  We wrote our names on it and Tyson asked me to write "balloon made by" in front of his name just so Daddy would be sure to know it was him that actually blew it up.  


In addition to balloons, our family birthdays are not complete without a banner on the mantel.  I borrowed a boy one from Tyson's room and clipped some old and new pics of Jason onto it.


We already had the gift bag and found the monkey napkins and plates on clearance for under $1 at Target.  Score.  Jason doesn't have a special love for monkeys or anything but the kids were excited about them, they were cute, and I couldn't argue the cost.


Jason prefers chocolate chip cookies instead of cake so this is what he gets every year.


Avery worked really hard that afternoon to provide the entertainment for the party.


She created a monkey birthday memory game for us to play.  It was quite cute, I must say.


And then he was 33.  We celebrated his actual day by going on a day date and out to dinner with his parents that night.


I am crazy thankful for this man and the past 13 years we have spent getting to know each other.  He is the reason I am halfway sane most days and a true gift from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will make my day a happy one, thank you!