Thursday, March 10, 2011

happy birthday to jason

Jason's birthday was yesterday and we have been celebrating all week. On Monday, we stocked the fridge with his favorite treats - Totino's frozen pizza and bottled Cokes.  I ironed some of his new work clothes (his birthday presents).  I don't iron so this was a big deal.  I have made good dinners each night so far including his birthday request of brats and fries.  Yesterday, Avery and I whipped up some homemade chocolate chip cookies for him.  I was crazy excited because they weren't flat for once.  They actually came out fluffy and cute.  Yea.    

Avery got all dressed up for her prince Daddy.  She put on one of her "ball gowns" and her "royal necklace", combed her hair, put a bow in it, and even applied pink lipsmacker to her sweet little lips.  


He got a candle on top of his "cookie cake" and the big kids helped him blow it out after a beautiful rendition of the Happy Birthday song.

And he even got a back rub last night.

Love that man.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun to celebrate our husbands. I'm glad your cookies turn out well...I love chocolate chip cookies. That bottle of Coke looks lovely too but I gave it up for Lent so I'll have to wait on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. What exactly does a "royal necklace" look like? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! Love this post, and those cookies look pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Jason!! It sounds like you guys have been having a great week! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will make my day a happy one, thank you!