The big man of the house celebrated his 30th birthday yesterday. We started the celebration on Monday and we will continue it through this weekend because why not? I have always thought birthdays should last longer than 1 day, don't you?
I love my man. He is amazing. He is a dream come true. Our kids are so blessed. He is a total hands-on natural Daddy. I love him for that. I love him for a million things. I am so thankful for every birthday we celebrate together. I hope we celebrate our 90th + birthdays together!
So, in order to make this birthday a little extra special, I spent a lot of time in the kitchen because my man loves food.
Monday night started with baked buffalo chicken fingers and roasted potatoes with sweet tea to drink, of course. He loves anything buffalo and I don't so it was a surprise for him. I searched recipes online, combined a few and there you have it. They were a huge hit...

He does not get super excited about cake but he does love homemade chocolate chip cookies so that is what he got. Avery helped with every bit of these, especially licking the spoons and beater...
Next up for Monday night was a snack. My sweet and thoughtful friend, Alyssa had brought a black bean and corn salsa to our life group last week and gave everyone the recipe. Jason loves salsa with beans so he got some...
Then there was the birthday breakfast up next. He actually requested this hash brown, egg, ham, & cheese breakfast casserole so that is what he got...
On Tuesday night, I made his current favorite dish, sausage and pepper pasta. These are the leftovers that he took for his lunch today...
Then to top it all off, Avery spent a lot of time outside on Monday and Tuesday making Daddy some "birthday soup". The ingredients consisted of sand, snow, and leaves. Yum. Yum.
I don't know what's for dinner tonight but we gotta keep the streak going. We'll see what I come up with. I feel so domestic. It's been fun.
(p.s. all of these recipes are super easy. if you want any of them, just let me know.)
Don't you love spoiling your honey! Actually yes, I would like some recipes...the chicken tenders, casserole and salsa all look amazing. Here's to a great birthday week.
ReplyDeleteI vote you have a recipe section to your blog or post the occasional recipe for us all to enjoy! I love your man too...not the same way obviously (lol), but I love him. He has a truly wonderful heart and I couldn't be happier knowing that my sister is loved and taken care of and my niece and nephew (and soon another) are loved beyond any measure! Yea Jason!!!
ReplyDeletei agree with beth- start a recipe label!!
ReplyDeleteof course, idon't cook, but i'd love to pass along some of these to my hubby to make for ME.
Happy Birthday to your man- he sounds great. Don't you just fall in love with hime harder every time you see him with the kids?!!
And i agree- we have birthday weeks around here too. There's family gatherings, celebrating ON the actual day, school parties, and parties here for their friends.
Yes, yes, yes post the recipies! You are a sweet wife...you know they say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got to use the salsa recipe. It's so quick and easy. You're welcome to post it - I got it from a friend so it is by no means "my" recipe.
ReplyDeleteJason doesn't want "Daddy Soup" for dinner tonight? It's a beautiful day, I'm sure that Avery could whip up another batch!
Your hubby and I have the same birthday! MY birthday was yesterday too...I turned 20-13. It's more fun to say than 33.
ReplyDeleteYou are such a good wife and mom!! Thanks for sharing the recipes! Hope he had a great birthday and I hope you're feeling good these days!
ReplyDeleteFun! Happy Birthday Jason! We celebrate the "Birthday week," 3 days in both directions of your birthday! I agree that it is much more fun to spread out the celebrations.
ReplyDeleteAnd I just noticed that Tyson is holding that little checkered ball I gave him. :)
ReplyDelete