Wednesday, October 28, 2009

the wife of a runner...

That's me...the wife of a runner. I love it. Distance runners (& most runners in general) are some of the most dedicated, down to earth, hardworking, faithful, persistent, and passionate people alive. My man is no exception. He simply LOVES to run. It keeps him going. It makes him happy. It gives him time to think and dream. He is a dreamer and he dreams BIG. I love this about him.

See him in the middle of this picture with the green hat and blue jacket? I would love to know what he was thinking about at that very moment...


People have asked me how he has time to train for marathons with a full time job, wife, and 2 kids. He gets up WAY before any of the rest of us do to get his workouts in. We hardly ever know he is gone because he doesn't like to miss family time. That is a good man. I love him with all of my heart. I am incredibly blessed to have him and I can't wait to see where his dreams take him. I will be right by his side through it all...


You should pay a visit to his new site and give him some comment love. His writing will make you want to be a runner and most importantly will inspire you to chase your own dreams.

7 comments:

  1. Cool blog Jason has. I started running this summer and it just never worked out because I could never fit in the time with the kids and Jason's schedule. However, my new treadmill is arriving Sunday so I can't wait to start again.

    I know treadmill running and distance running are vastly different, but I can't wait to practice inside all winter and see where it gets me in the spring when I venture outside.

    Best of luck to him. Ironman is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool blog Jason has. I started running this summer and it just never worked out because I could never fit in the time with the kids and Jason's schedule. However, my new treadmill is arriving Sunday so I can't wait to start again.

    I know treadmill running and distance running are vastly different, but I can't wait to practice inside all winter and see where it gets me in the spring when I venture outside.

    Best of luck to him. Ironman is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started running the year I turned 51, and immediately began training for our town's 5k. I loved it!!! Right after that 1st race, I signed up for another.
    Unfortunately, now at age 56, both knees need replacing and sadly, there will be no more running for me.
    Heck, right now, there's very little walking for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband would love his blog, I will have to tell him to stop by! :)
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your kind comments on my site. My husband is a marathon runner as well. It definitely takes dedication. I am always amazed at how he can go in the dark, fog, rain whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jason is the answer to my prayer for you...a godly man who loves my sister and their children! I'm glad he dreams big - I tell Tia to "Act as if it's impossible to fail." You and the kids (and Jason) will be better for it. I'm proud of him no matter the final outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sent my husband the link to your hubby's blog. Mine is also a runner, and also trains early in the morning and on his lunch break so that it doesn't eat into family time. I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I don't get up early and haul the kids out to stand on the sidelines during his races.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will make my day a happy one, thank you!